The Binsar Retreat – Binsar
THE BINSAR RETREAT
Binsar Retreat is located at Binsar a sanctuary and reserve forest 30 kms uphill from Almora. Binsar Retreat is a Camp Retreat situated at 7500 ft above sea level at the South West Flank of the Sanctuary deep into the Core area. The Binsar Retreat is known for its ecological tourism and stunning Himalayan and forest views, and is situated at a height of 7500 feet 30 kms NE of Almora in Kumaon. The philosophy of the Retreat is to care for and conserve nature and to provide our guests with an experience in the forest which emphasizes on the importance of conserving the delicate balance between man and nature. People from the urban environment have forgotten how to relate to our natural habitat, to respect and nurture it. The retreat endeavors is to propagate this concept and to bring about awareness as to how fragile and precious our natural resources are in this age of global warming.
The retreat is in the core area of Binsar wildlife sanctuary, and comprises five luxury tents with modern amenities: attached bath (with running cold water & hot water provided on request), wooden floors, solar power backup(for the whole night we provide lanterns), traditional textiles, private verandah with flower garden and three Himalaya facing rooms with the same facilities as the tents. The Binsar Retreat provides wholesome and nutritious meals with a variety of traditional Kumaoni, Indian and Continental cuisine including homemade bread, dairy products and jams. Picnic hampers are provided for day treks and trips in and around the sanctuary.
There are many trek routes for jungle walks and trekking depending on the interest of the guests, bird watching with expert guides, village walks to see typical village life (village stay also available on prior request), and Traditional folk music & dance programs.
- Binsar: Binsar wildlife sanctuary is situated in the heart of Kumaon, 30kms north-east of Almora town in the state of uttrakhand in the Northern India.
- Altitude: 8000 ft in the altitude above the neighbouring valley with dense oak, rhododendron & pine forests
- Best Season: March to June and September to November.
- Temperature: Sum: 29.40 C Max, 90 C Min, Win: 4.40 C Max, 20 C Min
- Distances: 400 km of Delhi, 110 km of Kathgodam, 30 km NE of Almora
- How to Get There:
By Road: 11 hrs. from Delhi
By Rail (Nearest Railhead): Kathgodam (105 kms)
By Air (Nearest Airport): Pant Nagar (135 kms)
(Valid from 01 Oct 2012 – 31 Mar 2013)
|ROOM CATEGORY||1N/2D MAPAI||2N/3D MAPAI||3N/4D MAPAI|
|DELUXE ROOM OR TENT – Twin Sharing|
|Package||Rs. 6000/-||Rs. 10500/-||Rs. 14000/-|
|Extra Adult (above 12 yrs)||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 4500/-|
|Extra Child (5-12 yrs.)||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 3000/-|
ENTRANCE FEES AT BINSAR SANCTUARY GATE PAY BY THE GUEST DIRECTLY @ Rs. 150/- PER PERSON FOR INDIAN & RS. 600/- PER PERSON FOR FOREIGNERS WITH @ RS. 250/- PER TAXI
The Package Includes:
- Accommodation for a couple on twin sharing basis.
- MAPAI includes Welcome drink on arrival, Bed tea, Breakfast, Dinner & Hotel Tax.
- Children upto 5 years are free on the respective package without extra bed sharing parent’s room.
- Check in time: 12.00 noon, Check out time: 11.00 am
- Service Tax of 3.09 % shall be extra on Nett Billing.